Greater Manchester Social Value Network launched its manifesto at an online event on 28th January 2021. The participants came from a wide range of private, VCSE and statutory organisations. As well as launching the manifesto the event also launched GMSVN’s “Guide to Good Practice in Social Value Relationships”.
The event was chaired by Matt Barqueriza-Jackson (chairperson of GMSVN). The main speakers were: Hazel Blears (Social Value Specialist and Former Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government), Mo Isap (Co-Chair of GM Local Enterprise Partnership), and Rebecca Birkbeck, Director Community & Shared Value, the Co-op) and Andy Burnham (Mayor of Greater Manchester).
As well as speakers there were 5 workshops based on the themes of the manifesto:
- Cooperation and Brokerage
- Putting Social Value at the heart of Commissioning and Procurement.
- Putting Social Value at the centre of Industrial Strategy
- Profit and Social Impact in Business.
- Encouraging Positive Environmental Behaviour through Social Value
The discussion and proposals from the workshops are presented in the Conference Report.
You can watch excerpts from the conference: